As an author of a book on happiness, I’m regularly asked about the top things that are important to being happy. Here’s a list of 12 areas that get talked about as being the best things we can do to get on the road to happiness fast. Happiness is a choice – we choose whether to be happy or not. Its not about what is happening out there, its about what is happening inside here – within yourself.
Road to happiness
- Help others regularly – strangers and friends
- Exercise daily. Take care of your body as it’s the only one that you’ve got in this life
- Appreciate what you have and talk this up in your own mind and in the outside world
- Have things to look forward to both big and small. Celebrate the small wins
- Try out new ideas that you’ve not tried before
- Give to others
- Spend more time outside in nature in forests, hills, sea locations, places of beauty
- Have a clear direction of where you’d like to go
- Connect with people regularly and build friendship
- Take a positive approach to thinking, talking and feeling
- Be comfortable with who you are now
- Keep learning and having adventures
Happiness: it’s an inside job. You are in charge of how you feel – always. It is a choice.