Especially when we feel stuck with life and things are not quite working out, it’s time to notice and take some gentle action to move you in a new direction and into a new feeling state.
5 habits of successful people
- Success starts by a feeling. Feel successful first and then life catches up with the feeling. This is how manifesting works. The technique: remember a time you felt really successful or make up the feeling and begin here. Feeling successful, acting you would if you are already successful, dressing as successful and walking as successful – these are all necessary to align you into the successful version of you. Begin by powering up your feelings of success. Results will flow just by doing this and going there first with your feelings.
- A common habit of successful people is that they already know where it is they want to go. They have got clear with their intention setting. Get really clear about your objectives. Then visualise them with clarity, in colour, make them appear real and act as if this is in process to happen and make decisions accordingly. You have to know where you want to go, in order to be able to get there.
- Once you know what you want, take 2 or 3 steps towards putting you on the path to get there. Choose some steps that you could easily achieve that will move you one or two steps further towards your goal. Then tomorrow, take some more small steps. Before you know it, you will be in flow and on the way to getting your success faster than you imagine.
- Notice what is going well in life. Jot down some notes about it. Start focussing on things going well and you will find that this spreads like wildfire through your life. What’s going well for you today? Keep doing this and do more of it. Cut down the areas that are giving you pain or pulling you down. Is it time to curate your life with more positive intentions?
- Successful people care about their friends. They spend time nurturing their friends, noticing how they are spending their time and finding a good balance between work, rest and play. Playing more and feeling good, finding harmony and balance in life, is the new success.
4 tips for living more healthily
Modern day living can be stressful, especially with all the shifts going on lately and with a global pandemic situation to deal with. Now the number one commodity that we need to make sure is looked after is our physical and mental health. It is straightforward to take some steps forward to keep an eye on our general health of ourselves and each other.
- First off, write down 10 things that you would feel better about if you got healthier. This may be you get fit enough to be able to go cycling with your kids or feel more attractive in summer clothes and so on. Once you have clear motivation for getting healthier, it makes you much more able to get disciplined to make some positive changes into being healthier. Put your top 5 motivators up on your kitchen wall or fridge to remind you daily of your lifestyle commitments.
- Write exercise dates in your diary – and keep this like you would an appointment. Make a commitment to turn up and do whatever it is you have chosen. Schedule it into your week’s diary in ink – and say what it is you are going to do. It may be a walk around the park or cycle to your local shop and back or jog up and down the stairs 25 times. Whatever you choose to do – plan to increase your exercise by 15% next week and write down your commitment with specific detail. Do this for 2 weeks at a time and schedule it all ahead. You could invite a friend over to come and exercise with you. This will encourage you both to make the effort to do it. Having a buddy to do fitness really helps.
- It’s time to start by making more conscious choices around the food we eat. Choose more colourful food, more water, more fresh produce and more local food to eat each day. This will make a big healthy difference to anyone’s dietary intake.
- Keeping an eye on our mental health is more important than ever. Make sure there is downtime in each day where you can do some self-care such as taking a walk in nature, meditating or deep breathing. Avoiding stress and cutting out things that stress us more such as toxic friendships, taking on too much and saying yes when we should be saying no to things that don’t work for us. Dropping the people pleasing.